We’re really excited to announce the release beta release of Debenu PDF Viewer SDK, a new visual PDF viewer control, which will be sold as an add-on to Debenu Quick PDF Library 10.
Debenu PDF Viewer SDK will be provided as an ActiveX control which can be used to quickly add PDF viewing capabilities to Windows applications. While users of Debenu Quick PDF Library have always been able to construct their own PDF viewers using the rendering functions, we’ve had many requests for a more simpler solution that could be quickly added to an application in minutes and due to popular demand, we’ve decided to do it.
For now the PDF viewer control contains simple zooming, page scrolling and page flipping features. It will of course be enhanced further with each beta release based on the feedback that you give us and the desire you express for certain features.
- First step is to download Debenu PDF Viewer SDK Beta 1
- Extract files to desired location
- Register DPVActiveX.ocx using RegisterDPVActiveX.cmd or with command prompt + regsvr32
- Unzip Delphi sample project
- Import registered DPVActiveX component as New Package and install to Delphi environment
- Open sample Delphi project
- Specify the Debenu Quick PDF Library path in the LibraryPath property of DPVActiveX component or copy the DLLs to the sample project output executable (default)
Note: if you do not specify the LibraryPath the DPVActiveX Component will most likely not find Debenu Quick PDF Library, however, if its in the same folder as the output exe it will load it when Run is executed.
We want your feedback. In order to help us prioritize in which order features are added we need to hear fro you as to which features you want! So please, leave a comment with your feedback and lets start the conversation.